Parks and Roads Student Labourer
|Open Date||Dec 15 2020 - 05:00:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 28 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Parks and Roads Student Labourer||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Public Works||Hours per Week||40|
This is a student position employed from May through August. Evening and weekend hours are a requirement.
Reporting to the Public Works Supervisors, the Parks and Roads Student Labourer is responsible for performing general maintenance duties at outdoor sports fields, cleaning of washroom facilities and litter/debris pickup from municipal property while ensuring attractive, orderly, and well-maintained park areas to provide a pleasant outdoor environment for all users and visitors. Hours may vary depending on weather conditions.
Please see job posting for more details.
Applicant Information and Instructions- Summer Student Positions
Students interested in applying for summer positions must review the applicant information and follow the instructions provided below. Please note, we no longer have a summer student lottery process.
To qualify for summer student positions applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a secondary school, college or university as a full-time student during the academic year in which you are applying for employment, and be returning as a full-time student in September following summer employment.
- Be legally able to work within Canada.
- Be at least 16 years of age as of April 1 of the employment year.
- Apply online only through our website, www.leamington.ca/careers.
- Apply to each position that is of interest to be considered for the position(s) desired. (Applying to one position does not allow eligibility for any of the other positions posted).
- Apply before the posting deadline. (Applications will not be accepted thereafter).
New and returning students must apply online or will not be considered for the position(s).
Before you Apply:
- Proof of enrolment from the current school year is required to apply. You will not be able to submit an application without proof of enrolment attached. This must come from the registrar’s office or the office of your school. We will not accept class schedules or school payment receipts as proof of enrollment. Should these documents be attached to an application, it may disqualify you.
- Evenings and weekend work will be required. Students must be available to work scheduled shifts.
- A satisfactory police clearance will be requested (must be within 30 days of hire date).
- Where required, students must provide, at their own expense, CSA (Green Patch) safety shoes or boots.
- Work clothing must be worn in accordance with the standards set by the hiring department.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the Corporation must be worn as per training and task requirements.
- Assigned online health and safety training is to be completed prior to starting work.
AttachmentsJob Posting-Parks and Roads Student-1220.pdf