Communications and Public Relations Assistant (Student)
|Open Date||Jan 14 2019 - 03:30:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 03 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Communications and Public Relations Assistant (Student)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Communications||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Office of the CAO||Openings||1|
This is a student position employed from May through August.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Public Relations, the Communications and Public Relations Assistant will be engaged in the very core of our operations. As a valued member of the team, this position will do exciting, challenging work, and make a meaningful impact. This position will learn about the public sector through challenging experiences, while providing meaningful opportunities to contribute to the community. The Communications and Public Relations Assistant will work closely with other skilled team members in the organization and community partners providing a chance to build a professional network while enhancing knowledge, skills and passion for what we do.
Please see job posting for more details.
Applicant Information and Instructions- Summer Student Positions
Students interested in applying for summer positions must review the applicant information and follow the instructions provided below. Please note, we no longer have a summer student lottery process.
To qualify for summer student positions applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a secondary school, college or university as a full-time student during the academic year in which you are applying for employment, and be returning as a full-time student in September following summer employment.
- Be legally able to work within Canada.
- Be at least 16 years of age as of April 1st of the employment year.
- Apply online only through our website, www.leamington.ca/careers.
- Apply to each position that is of interest to be considered for the position(s) desired. (Applying to one position does not allow eligibility for any of the other positions that are posted).
- Apply before the posting deadline. (Resumes will not be accepted thereafter).
New and returning students must apply online or you will not be considered for the positions.
Before you Apply:
- Proof of enrolment from the current school year is required to apply. You will not be able to submit an application without this attached. This must come from the registrar’s office or the office of your school. We will not accept class schedules or school payment receipts as proof of enrollment. Should these documents be attached to an application it may disqualify you.
- Evenings and weekend work will be required. Students must be available to work scheduled shifts.
- A satisfactory police clearance will be requested (must be within 30 days of hire date).
- Where required, students must provide at their own expense CSA (Green Patch) safety shoes or boots.
- Work clothing must be worn in accordance with the standards set by the hiring department.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the Corporation must be worn as per training and task requirements.
- Assigned online health and safety training is to be completed prior to starting work.
AttachmentsJob Posting-Communications and PR Assistant-01102019.pdf