Reporting to the Public Works Supervisors, the Mechanic will be involved in all aspects of maintaining and repairing the Municipality of Leamington’s fleet and equipment. This includes repairs, servicing, overhaul and complete preventative maintenance inspections on a broad spectrum of heavy duty equipment, trucks, vehicles, construction equipment, fire trucks and a variety of truck mounted equipment, components and attachments operated by the various departments within the Municipality. Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with other municipal employees, contractors and vendors.
- Must be in the possession of a Certificate of Qualification in Automotive Service Technician and a Certificate of Qualification in Truck and Coach from the Ministry of Education.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class “DZ” Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and road testing own repairs to meet Ministry of Transportation safety and roadworthiness requirements.
- Must be capable of filling out comprehensive forms and reports as required by trade.
- Must have some ability in MIG welding and capable of using an oxy-acetylene torch for brazing, minor welding and cutting.
- Must have working knowledge of computer software and applications.
- Knowledge of complex industrial and mobile hydraulic equipment and systems and automatic transmissions including Allison would be an asset.
- Knowledge of advanced automotive electronics; computer control systems on Engine Management; fuel injection, computer control ignition and Body Management System would be an asset.
- Air conditioning license and knowledge of A/C systems would be an asset.
- Experience in truck driving, heavy equipment operation and snow plowing are an asset.
View job posting for full position details.